Treat yourself to a fun weekend
January 27-29, 2023
held at the Comfort Suites in
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin.
Get ready for some INKcredible mid-winter papercrafting.
- reconnect with a craft you love
- reconnect with stamping friends
- be motivated by a room full of display boards
- undisturbed time to craft on your own projects
- 4 awesome classes with instruction designed to make you better at your craft
- one optional fun add-on class at a special reduced rate
This event has something for everyone. The agenda includes a mix of structured classes mixed with ample time to
work on your own projects, browse the display boards and network with
- Are you looking for a fun get-away?
... Look no further - and bring your friends.The Comfort Suites in Cottage Grove has the perfect meeting room for our craft gathering, a large eating area (the hotel fee includes breakfast), there is an exercise room and a pool.
And for those looking for outdoor activities you have access to the Glacial Drumlin Trail, and McCarthy Youth & Conservation Park. And the Willow Run Walking Path goes right past the hotel.
- Are you looking for instruction
... to up your game or get you back in the game?You are going to love the 4 great classes lined up for our Super Saturday event. See class details below.
- Are you looking for some relaxed time for crafting? ... We have the room available for both Friday and Saturday evenings.
... There will be a few random samples from past Paper Pumpkin Kits there for you to play with
... Bring your own projects or an unfinished Paper Pumpkin kit or two.
... We will also have kits available for purchase on-site, or you can order a kit to bring with you.
Your registration includes a $40 swag bag with product we'll be using in all the classes, including a sentiment stamp set from the new January Mini Catalog.
Class #1: Positioned for Success: 10 ways to use a hinged stamp positioning tool
- This class will feature a variety of different techniques you can do with a stamp positioning tool like the Stamparatus. If you own a stamp positioning tool you are encouraged to bring it to the class, you'll have less waiting in line if you have your own tool. There will also be several there for you to use to complete the class projects.
- The class includes instruction, and hand-out and 4 different Make & Take projects.
Class #2: Scoring in Style: 6 Different ways to use a Stylus.
- This class focuses on using scored lines as elements on the card as well as using your trimmer to score lines for fancy folds and 3D projects.
- Bring your trimmer and a stylus if you have one
FYI: if you have a Take Your Pick tool it came with a stylus accessory. (a bone folder will work for the M&T projects)
- The class includes instruction, 3 different Make & Take Projects including a Fancy Fold.
and a handout for creating a box that is easily changed for accommodate the size of different small items
Class 3#: Stick to the Basics: tips for using the right adhesive for the right project
- This class will highlight a variety of adhesive options and offer guidelines on choosing the right adhesive for the right materials.
- We will also discuss using Stampin'Up!'s cling adhesive to convert your clear-mount and red rubber stamps to cling.
- The class includes instruction, a handout and one of our Make & Takes will be a Shaker Card.
Class #4: Designing with Layers:
- This class will focus heavily on design features for creating cute cards using layers of paper rather than just layers of ink.
- The handout will have over a dozen ideas for layering focal points and background pieces so you'll have lots of ideas for more awesome crafting at home.
- Layers can be colored cardstock, texture embossed cardstock or designer paper (if you're like me you probably have some extra designer paper at home that needs to be used up?)
Sunday Morning the craft space will be open again. Use it for more crafting on your own projects. Or add-on the extra Valentine class for half-price at this event.
Optional Add-on - add the Valentine Class for half-price:
- this class is also available locally after the event
- The normal class fee is $25 but you can add it on to your weekend registration for half-price. Pay just $12.50 for the Valentine Class when you add it to the weekend event.
THE CRAFT SPACE
- Availability: We have the meeting room reserved from Friday evening through Sunday noon.
- Displays: There will be tons of display boards for ideas spaced around the room.
- Table Size: Tables are 6' x 30" and there will be 2 people per table so plan accordingly as you consider what projects you might bring. attendance will be limited to 20 people.
- Saturday lunch is included in your registration fee. Our current plan is sandwiches from the local Subway
- Dinners are on your own but we can order in pizza and use the eating space. I've prepared a map of some local restaurants near the hotel.
- Breakfast is included with your hotel registration. Contact the hotel directly to book your room. Click here to see rooms and rates.
REGISTRATIONYour registration fee includes all class materials and access to the craft room and displays.
- Instruction and handouts for the 4 Saturday classes
- Ideas and Motivation: a room full of displays
- lunch on Saturday
- access to the room for open craft time
- access to a private FB group a photo gallery of the display boards and all the event videos
- and the opportunity to network and share ideas with other paper crafters
- earlybird deadline Jan 6th
- Registration Deadline Jan 13th
Friend Discount: Save an additional $10 (per person) when you register with a friend.
This event is now closed. Thank-you and be watching for the next one.
SEATING IS LIMITED BASED ON ROOM CAPACITY
Click this link to register your choices
You'll receive an email to pay and complete the registration
Contact me with any questions.